Sherlock Holmes

Guy Ritchie's career was pretty interesting during Rock and Rolla, and he earned the keys from WB for Sherlock Holmes.

Sherlock Holmes is one of my personal favorite detective character. And the movie was about to make it to the list of my personal fav detective movies.

Though it falls flat at some points especially after the middle of Act II, it retains that detective charm - the missing piece of the puzzle. But Act III was shamefully let down. The climax was not even as quarter interesting or intense like the rest part of the movie. It was like 'a villan begs for his life, hanging on that under-construction bridge, and Sherlock Holmes doing a talk show until the villan finally loses grip and obeys gravity'. I didn't get what was going on with all the chains, the girl and on and on.

Game of Shadows was far better entertaining than it's prequel. Fantastic visuals, and action entertainment were accompanied with yet another 'Missing piece of the puzzle' - Rene. Noomi Rapace did a great job as the hipsian girl. Downey Jr. and Law's chemistry as Holmes and Dr. Watson reached new heights. Jared Harris was a match. But once again, ending was a complete let down. I watched it on DVD, and had a great time until the scene where Holmes and his team escape from professor's factory. But later on it was apathy.

There will be another sequel to enter this franchise, and I'm looking forward for what it has to offer with an excellent chemistry between Holmes and Dr. Watson that has been developed.

These are some of my thoughts, please share yours.

These are some of my thoughts, please share yours.

Check out GR's first film 'Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels', then 'Snatch.'
He received criticism for 'Snatch' being too much like 'Smoking Barrels' - with a better budget, so he changed flavor with 'Revolver' which everyone disliked, myself included.

'RocknRolla'... not as good as 'Barrels' and 'Snatch', the latter which I enjoy tremendously.

And I like both of his 'SH' films, looking forward the third: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sherlock_Holmes:_A_Game_of_Shadows#Sequel

Back