• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Shawn's Dark Xmas (2012)

A complete disaster from beginning to end. Everything was against me. Actors quit, seasons changed early, there are continuity errors all over the place (most of them not really errors, it just seems that they are) and a very, very, very difficult shoot overall. I overshot this movie and cut LOADS from the final act in order to let it flow a bit better.

Lowest marks for this one. :grumpy:

Shot on a Samsung R10 and a Kodak PlaySport Zx5.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhW_jaQLWug

Shawn's Dark Xmas

I watched the first 2 and a half minutes but I saw the 18 minutes and I just didn't want to. For me the beginning was a bit too long to get to him, with youtube and stuff you gotta get to the point asap.

I didn't understand the WB logo at the beginning too? Were you really working with them? Cause if not why would you put their logo?

One thing too was the sounds of the waterfall and the conversation over the walkie talkie. The waterfall sounded really bad, it was like straight static almost. Also when the main character first started talking into the walkie talkie he sounded normal then suddenly he got the sound of the walkie talkie guy and I got confused who was talking.

Despite all that, gotta take into account what you said with all the trouble you went through. And I don't know if this is one of your first films that you've worked on but at least your out there working on things. Don't take what I say too harshly, just trying to give some constructive criticism.

I didn't want to make this concise, I wanted it to build at its own pace. I don't have to get to the point ASAP. This is my movie, that I pay for.

Keep in mind I shot this with very basic equipment and there's not a lot I was capable of doing. And this was a sequel to the 3 previous movies I have posted.

Back