• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Seoul Nights trailer 2. The party starts soon.

This is the second trailer to Seoul Nights - based on a true story. It will be out in a couple of days. I was hoping you all could give me some feedback - thanks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvdxD0SZJHU

To be honest, it looks pretty cheesy, although maybe it's just the choice of music...what did you use to film it?
Yeah, not sure about where the cheesiness is coming from - I guess it could be the music. I hope it doesn't turn out that way though, it's based on a true story (maybe 90% accurate). I used a Sony CX160 to film everything.

Good effort, but the trailer needs to communicate more clearly what the movie is about. Music could be different, hard to pick up much about a character in the trailer. Watch a trailer for an Edward Norton movie, and you can see what kind of movie it's going to be from a 3 second look at his face. A narrative VO of good caliber could go a long way towards improving this. Then recut the trailer to match the VO of course.

Good effort, but the trailer needs to communicate more clearly what the movie is about. Music could be different, hard to pick up much about a character in the trailer. Watch a trailer for an Edward Norton movie, and you can see what kind of movie it's going to be from a 3 second look at his face. A narrative VO of good caliber could go a long way towards improving this. Then recut the trailer to match the VO of course.
Thanks for the advice! Yeah, I think I will throw in a VO. There's a lot going on that's culture specific that could be explained better.

Back