• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch SEOUL NIGHTS is complete! FIlmed on location. Need your inputs.

This is the general release of my film Seoul Nights - based on a true story. I am still working on a festival version and most of the glitches will be taken care of. Tell me what you think:)

TKD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fX1XoTBlYAo

The story was good. I would say that the sound quality needs considerable work if it is going to be played at a half decent film festival.

I've had higher expectations for this film (from the two trailers you've posted b4). I'm disappointed. Sorry... :(

The story was good. I would say that the sound quality needs considerable work if it is going to be played at a half decent film festival.
Agreed. I have someone thats going to work with all the audio files to see if we can get it to the standard that you're talking about. I've had trouble with sound in the past, so I thought my new directional mike would fix it... NOT! I had it set in 'teli' mode - a big no no inside a small area. There was this awful whistling sound in the background.

I've had higher expectations for this film (from the two trailers you've posted b4). I'm disappointed. Sorry... :(
Kinglis - Totally understand. I feel the same way when I watch this film and I compare it with what I previously envisioned. I think a huge part of it was that I felt a bit rushed while filming this. Actors are little more impatient when not getting a salary for their efforts. I filmed this on two nights. On the second night I literally had 2 and 1/2 hours to film the second half of the short - something I knew that would come back to bite me when I began editing.

Korean Donut Man,

Reading your responses make we wonder if you planned out the scenes ahead of time, via blocking or storyboards. Did you do a walkthrough where you were filming so that you could choose the best, most dynamic shots before you shot?

If you have all of that good to go before you say "action", it will cut down a lot of time on location and allow you to maximize the time you have, even when that time is short.

Korean Donut Man,

Reading your responses make we wonder if you planned out the scenes ahead of time, via blocking or storyboards. Did you do a walkthrough where you were filming so that you could choose the best, most dynamic shots before you shot?

If you have all of that good to go before you say "action", it will cut down a lot of time on location and allow you to maximize the time you have, even when that time is short.
Well, yes and no. I did plan it out quite a bit ahead of time. I even had a script. I didn't have a storyboard, but the script was very, very descriptive. I think another problem was the unwillingness of people use their facilities so I had to be creative and find other places to film. The last half of the movie was a nightmare to film. I filmed three scenes completely out of sequence. It was more than thinking backwards -- it was like thinking backwards and sideways! I had a beer or two afterwards, to forget!

Back