Seeking advice on starting a production company

I had one man show = company before and what I learned that it was too much just for me to work alone. Most of the days went like that I am working 10-12 hours with projects and traveling and after that I got to home to do all the company's paper work and seeking new customers. If you have some who you trust with money and can handle the company and sales side that is good because then you can focus on making projects.

I bought Dslr set up then because I wanted to do video and photography. But in the end I just did with them only some small projects were I was have to cut all the cost. I planned the set up like that I get my money back in 2 years and tried to buy stuff what don't go old so easily like lenses and camera rig and other like that. Camera it self is easy to rent if you have all other things. But most of the money came from projects where every thing was rented.

Other hand if you have expensive equipment's you need better insurances if some thing happens or if you broke your camera you have to thing where you can rent similar.

It was just so much easier for my company to do 1-3 in month big ones than small ones like 2-3 in week. So you should think that what type of business model you try to use and what type of projects you try to reach. As you go there, try to network because some times you need some skills fast what you don't have to get some deals.

Think the reasons why you buy some thing. Like I rent office, because I want to do studio photography there or if just need place to meet up I think there is on that location places what you can rent for meetings or you can rent some place to together with other company's.

Back