• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Screenwriting Collaboration Agreement

E

eager2learn

Is there an industry standard 'Screenwriting Collaboration Agreement' somewhere?

Thanks much.

P.S. Yes, I tried a Google search using both 'Screenwriting' AND 'Screenwriter' in the phrase :shock:

Thanks for the note, however I found this quite strange. Especially, that the WGA had nothing on their website.

So....I called the WGA at (800)548-4532 and probed my way to their "Contracts" department. "BINGO" :D

I was FAX'd a Writer Collaboration Agreement. Tried to get a Word .doc copy but no dice, so a lot of UNNECESSARY retyping to do to use as a template for various co-writing ventures.

Actually, I see the need to further modify it to cover some issues.

I wasn't satisfied with the response as to why the Sample Agreement wasn't up on the WGA website, so was transferred to their web guy's extension and left a message "encouraging" the powers-at-be or whomever to get it up on the web.

Hope this info about the availability of a WCA helps someone else.

eager2learn said:
Thanks for the note, however I found this quite strange. Especially, that the WGA had nothing on their website.

So....I called the WGA at (800)548-4532 and probed my way to their "Contracts" department. "BINGO" :D

I was FAX'd a Writer Collaboration Agreement. Tried to get a Word .doc copy but no dice, so a lot of UNNECESSARY retyping to do to use as a template for various co-writing ventures.

Actually, I see the need to further modify it to cover some issues.

I wasn't satisfied with the response as to why the Sample Agreement wasn't up on the WGA website, so was transferred to their web guy's extension and left a message "encouraging" the powers-at-be or whomever to get it up on the web.

Hope this info about the availability of a WCA helps someone else.

I did. Can you send me the contract via email?
Thank you

WGA didn't FAX or mail it to you?

I tried to get them to send a Word .doc or something via e-mail and they said they could only do it via FAX. So, sorry...I can't "e-mail" it.

Call them back on their Toll Free # and ask them to mail it to you!!!

Back