Screenwriter Leo Winters

Hi everyone, I'm screenwriter living in Brooklyn, New York. I started working on independent film sets in 2014, mostly doing thankless, coffee-grunt type PA gigs. In 2018 I graduated with a BA in Film from Columbia College Chicago and decided to focus my efforts towards screenwriting. It was always my favorite part of the filmmaking process, which is apparently unusual, because most of my peers in school hated screenwriting. I've been trying to keep up a routine of writing daily, but of course life and work gets in the way sometimes.

I like to write very modern-day films, that take place in the here-and-now, and usually include themes of social alienation and the effects that technology/social media have on people's daily lives. I like writing protagonists who are flawed and hard to like, who can make an audience feel conflicted.

Hi Dash!

Sorry, one of my favorite movies.

I'm screenwriter living in Brooklyn, New York.

Back in 1978/79 I worked with a group that rehearsed and recorded at Sound Heights Recording Studios in Brooklyn Heights. The guitarist/writer was one of the engineers there.

I like to write very modern-day films, that take place in the here-and-now

Do you ever do "historical" or "futuristic" settings?

I've always loved the contrast or reversal of how things that are "normal" in our current culture are the opposite in SciFi/Fantasy settings. As an example, "The Eye Of The Beholder;" Twilight Zone S2 - E6.

Back