• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Rough demo reel I've been working on

A lot of that looks nice (couldn't watch with sound, atm, sorry).

My only complaint is that you didn't let me know at the beginning what I was watching. If it's gonna be a demo reel, I want to know your name and what your job is up front. There's no point in me getting all excited at some wonderfully shot footage only to find out that I was watching an editor's reel. Unfortunately most demo reels I've seen posted on here leave it out.

I know you put that info at the end, but I think it should be at the beginning, too.

Looks nice. I'd leave out the footage of the fight scene in the parking garage. It just doesn't stand up next to all of the rest of the footage, as far as cinematography is concerned.

One thing I'm wondering -- is it problematic to use copyright-protected material in a demo reel? My instincts tell me it might not be the best move. You can find some quality audio beds for less than $100.

Thanks for the feedback guys...

@dreadylocks I typically add the job I am applying to in the front on a job by job basis. So If I apply to a job tomorrow I will put it in the front of the video that way the employer feels like I made this video just for them kinda...

@Crack Funk I've gotten employed by large companies (this isn't meant to be a namedrop) like Fox using a similar style demo reel...I believe the song was Champaign Supernova in that one. As for the fight footage...did u mean the ending part where the guy i laying on the floor and having the flashes? Or did you mean all of the clips of the fight and the ending as well? Just curious.

Back