"Romance Road Killers" News

Our next feature, "Romance Road Killers" is kicking into gear. We currently have 100 or so photos, poster explorations and screen captures up, as well as opportunities for anybody that would like to get their name in the film (we know that's a long-shot, but it's a shot!).

And a very special thanks to Jo Blo's Arrow in the Head who says the movie "has one of the coolest sites for an indie in pre-production that I've seen. It grabs your attention, is easy to navigate, and gives you the info you want without a lot of useless bells and whistles."

Filming is scheduled to begin late February 2006, but the filmmakers already did some test shoots in September and November 2005, in which case we just finished some trailers/montage sequences that should hopefully be online soon!

For now you can check out the official site;
http://alteregocinema.com/Features/ROMANCEROADKILLERS.html

The film is loosely based on the Charles Starkweather/Caril Ann Fugate killing spree of 1958 in Nebraska (a 19 year old boy who took his 14 year girlfriend on a violent road trip - whether she actually contributed to any of the murders or was a hostage remains a mystery). This film has been updated to 1999, following Jacob Stahl, 19, and Isabelle Cassmen, 14, on a killing spree along the coasts of California. The backgrounds of the characters have been changed to explore an unusual case of child abuse, molestation, foster care and social workers, involving true incidents from the lives of filmmakers Shane Ryan and Emily Wryn (who, at 16 years old, looks to break the record as youngest female director for a feature film).

That's all for now.
Michael-Brian
Alter Ego Cinema
http://www.alteregocinema.com

Very very disturbing :(.

let us know when it's finished. Is the movie filmed in or near S/B? the roads look a little bit like the Stockton area. i guess Nebraska and Northern Cali look a little alike.

I know I saw a shot in Goleta and it will be filmed partly in Santa Barbara, and almost entirely in Santa Barbara County (a lot of the same places "Sideways" was shot in besides the winery's because that's where we're located, which might explain wy the only movie Alexander Payne didn't shoot in Nebraska was "Sideways" because it has a smiliar feel. Perhaps?). But we aren't trying to pass it off for Nebraska like the actual "Starkweather" movie did, since the characters are modified to fit the story and 1999 setting, so hopefully it looks good.

Thanks for taking a look, we'll keep everybody informed when the temp trailer of the test footage is up:)

Back