Rod Support

I've been searching for a while now and I was wondering if anyone could point me to a decent DIY tutorial to making a rod support?

all I know is that the rods have to be 15mm and 60mm apart from center. I've got some ideas but I'd like to see what exists out there before I just jump in.

I am building this for a Sony SR11 with a Jag35E and a canon 50mm F/1.8 prime or 18/55mm.

also looking into creating a follow focus.

any ideas would be appreciated!

thanks!
~Casey

Honestly, you're better off buying those items than DIYing... The Rods are the main support structure for a 35mm adapter rig, they really need to be rock solid or you'll wind up with problems; shaking footage, bouncing focus, etc..

And a follow focus really needs to be precise with little to no play in it, building one will be a bit of a challenge, and ultimately there are cheaper options out there these days that you'd be hard pressed to be able to build a fully functional one for much less.

that makes a lot of sense. thanks!

I've always been the make rather than buy kind of person. I was looking at picking up rods from Jag35 because they are like $40 and then building everything around that. its near impossible to find 15mm rods here in america short of McMaster Carr.

what would you recommend in the follow focus?

thanks!
~Casey

Back