• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Rocking little music vid

Thanks to Salacious and his crew who did a great job of shooting. I edited and put together this little number. Kacey is great fun to shoot for, is a bundle of energy and is one of those people you really want to do a nice shoot for because she steps back and allows a bit of creative freedom. It's far from being perfect but was quite happy with this considering it was in a borrowed location, no budget etc... and all the little limitations:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYNrFPTQqVI

As a note, this was shot in a working pub meaning zero light control. Rockers among you may recognise the pub Metallica started out in.

Soooo... what do you think?

Last edited:
Honestly, being a composer/musican (and a MASSIVE rock fan) I was too distracted by the cheesy dad-rock to notice the videography, and so closed the vid pretty quickly.

Umm...

Some of the handheld shots (like the intro walk) were too shaky.

The visuals didn't link to the track/lyrical content very well. ie "With my New Rock boots and my ripped up tights", you could've edited the boots/tights shots to sync rather than showing those shots a few seconds before. "There's gotta be someone that will catch my eye, could have a shot of someone, well, catching her eye. There's a few more examples but you get the idea.

You were still tilting up into the first line of the song. I would have had the cam on her as the vox drop in. Getting the audio and visuals cued up better next time would help loads.

The main thing that struck me though was that the lighting was flat and undramatic. A night time gig with some nice lighting would make a huge difference, as well as some shots of the crowd really getting into the song. Overall it just didn't have enough impact or seem energetic enough.

Last edited:
Honestly, being a composer/musican (and a MASSIVE rock fan) I was too distracted by the cheesy dad-rock to notice the videography, and so closed the vid pretty quickly.

Umm...

Some of the handheld shots (like the intro walk) were too shaky.

The visuals didn't link to the track/lyrical content very well. ie "With my New Rock boots and my ripped up tights", you could've edited the boots/tights shots to sync rather than showing those shots a few seconds before. "There's gotta be someone that will catch my eye, could have a shot of someone, well, catching her eye. There's a few more examples but you get the idea.

You were still tilting up into the first line of the song. I would have had the cam on her as the vox drop in. Getting the audio and visuals cued up better next time would help loads.

The main thing that struck me though was that the lighting was flat and undramatic. A night time gig with some nice lighting would make a huge difference, as well as some shots of the crowd really getting into the song. Overall it just didn't have enough impact or seem energetic enough.

OK, thanks for posting. You hated the music and loathed the video and then made suggestions we couldn't implement (e.g. we didn't have light control in a working pub...)!

Well, I guess I asked for comments and this is IndieTalk...

Anyhow, I'm off to the pub. :beer:

Back