• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

website Road to F.A. Cup - 6-part series

Hi there,

After 10 years, we're finally set to go on a festival run with our series "Road to F.A. Cup"; a mockumentary comedy set around a non-league English football club. We tried to make this as accessible as possible so that it's entertaining whether or not you like or even understand football, without being too broad in its comedy...

We have some character trailers on our website, I'd love to hear some feedback on the content and if it's something that you'd have interest in watching: www.roadtofacup.uk

We started this project in 2010 as students fresh out of university with no real money and had overly-ambitious aims of filming a 6-part, 22min series within the space of 10-days with a budget of what we could scrape together as a group which was about £5k, with a cast of over 40 actors and a camera team of around 10 different operators. We shot this semi-improvisational, and made all the actors stay in character at all times so we could keep shooting with a secondary camera team while the main scenes were being shot, whilst a third team would grab the talking head interviews with actors not being used to maximise our time.

Things went really well at first; a local football club gave us full access to their stadium for two weeks and an Aston Martin; things that raised the production value well above our station. However, a string of disasters happened that forced us to have to change the entire ending of our series. And we ended up with something better than we ever could have hoped for.

We've been in negotiations with numerous broadcasters which has ultimately lead to nothing (I think we could write a book about our encounters with some production companies) which delayed us, as well as the post-team dropping out which has meant I've been editing this on my own in my limited spare time. In the end there was over 100 hours worth of video to sift through and turn in to a coherent storyline.

Our last roll of the dice is some festival runs, after that we're planning on launching online. It's been a crazy journey but we got there in the end!

So my question is.... Has anyone else had a project that they've wasted the best years of their life on? :lol::lol::lol:

Back