RIP Robin Williams

Damn. He was great in good will hunting and dead poets society.
I'm surprised it wasn't a drug OD or something.

RIP, Robim. I am shocked and deeply saddened by this terrible news. He was clearly one the true greats. You will be missed.

I'm devastated. This man was at almost every juncture of my life it feels like. When I felt things were darkest his movies, his comedy, would move me. To know he took his own life...I'm so sad. He'll be sorely, sorely, missed.

The Doctor says 'Treatment is simple. The Great clown Pagliacci is in town tonight. Go and see him. That should pick you up.'

The man bursts into tears.
'But, doctor...I am Pagliacci.'"

From Children of Paradise (1945)

I was very involved in theater in school and it was all because of Robin Williams. I idolized him growing up. A few years ago I was able to see him practice his stand up material in a very small venue. He was going full throttle for 3 full hours and it was one of the most incredible things to witness. This is a huge loss for entertainment in general.

You know, I don't normally get so genuinely moved by the death of a celebrity. Robin's death is hitting me hard, though.

I definitely believe in a person's right to choose the time of their death, but what saddens me most is that someone who brought so much joy to the lives of countless others was unable to cope and find enough happiness in his own life to keep going. At least now he can have peace in death. RIP Robin Williams, you will always be an inspiration.

Terribly sad. My first clear memory of Robin Williams was Dead Poets Society. Carpe Diem. That was the battlecry of every one of my classmates.

Depression is a very serious illness. The biochemical aspects in rehab need to be improved. People with depression need to study effective nutritional methods to improve the biochemistry of their brain. Of all the internal organs, the brain is the one most influenced by its chemical environment.

Yarp. I second the being entertained by and loving him since I was a kid. I recall watching Happy Days and then Mork & Mindy. I remember as a kid hardly believing my ears and eyes how funny he was, and seemly new and fresh. It was a privilege watching his career grow and pretty much span most of my lifetime to this point.

So many good to great films can be mentioned. Another one is World's Greatest Dad, a more recent one. Just one of many films by which he moved many of us.

Back