RIP Michael Jackson

There are so many people out there who don't give a crap because he was supposedly a "pedophile" but this guy was a legend. He had the greatest songs and was an amazing dancer back in his day.
RIP MJ.

Yah, it's kinda weird how suddenly it happened.

I'm not really a fan (though he did have a few very catchy songs), and sure as heck could dance.

I just hope his kids will gain a bit more of a normal life, now.

I was adolescent during the height of his career, his music, videos and dancing had a profound impact on my life as they did on everyone else of my generation whether they wanted it or not.

RIP, May you find the peace that you couldn't find here.

From the time I was born, I knew the name Michael Jackson. The JACKSON 5 were a major thing for every kid growing up. I was 10 years old when THRILLER took over the universe and he was a fascinating figure, but from there he fell from grace pretty hard and was just a social mutant.

It's sad when anyone dies, and what was most sad is that MJ will probably be remembered most for the controversies and eccentricities (if that were only a strong enough word).

I was a huge fan of Michael Jackson while growing up and wish that I had attended one of his concerts to have the memory of his great performances. He left a huge legacy for the music industry and unfortunately, many retail outlets will use his death to get themselves out of financial ruins but the fact that his music is universal and will live on for many decades says something about how truly talented he was. I hope that his children can live a normal life as well. It's really messed up that he passed away right when he was about to do a last tour.

I can say that I saw The Jacksons once in my life. It was the Victory Tour, the last tour before Michael went out on his own. I was in grade school I think, I was proabably about 12 or 13. I never saw him again in concert, but I do remember staying up almost all night with my best friend waiting to see Michael Jacksons first video on MTV.

I think I prefer to remember his music. Even as a person who loves hard rock, I was a fan from back in the day....

RIP, MJ :(

-- spinner :cool:

One of the greatest recording artists of all time. Changed the whole music industry for the better. It just figures that all the creative geniuses of our history end up being remembered as wackos.... RIP Jacko.

Nothing was ever prove against him (if he did anything he'll have to answer for it).
But there is absolutely nothing wrong with being different, so shame on people who mocked him out of self-conceit.

One of the most talented/creative musicians ever...RIP MJ.

Nothing was ever prove against him (if he did anything he'll have to answer for it).
But there is absolutely nothing wrong with being different, so shame on people who mocked him out of self-conceit.

One of the most talented/creative musicians ever...RIP MJ.

Amen.

He certainly led a bizzare life but like so many famous kids who grow up in front of the world, he surrounded himself with 'yes' men. People that don't give a rats ass about you but hang around you to be around the fame and fortune (even if he did owe millions) and will give you anything you want reguardless of the consequences.

On the note of charges of child abuse - its hard to say because you look at the people who filed charges against him and it seemed they had a bit of history swindling people...was Michael another one of their victims? It was always odd that parents would leave their young children alone with him in the mansion in the very first place and so one would have wonder about that too.

I was thinking of Judy Garland who once said that the best times of her life where when she was Francess Gumm and travel around with her sisters - before Hollywood and I guess MJ was the same...he just wanted to be MJ the kid not the token.

Back