Rigging & tripods

I am trying to assemble the right gear to last me years. Like everyone, I need to watch my budget, and want the most bang for my buck. But bang is s relative term. The Arri $1500 FF vs Trusmt's $400 solution will yield different results but is the Trusmt good enough? Rigs are most often a collection of many vendor parts, yet where does one start? You could blow $3500 just getting started with Zacuto, or get a lot with Gini. Then there's the tripod head and sticks.... How many of you have a well-balanced camera/tripod set-up and what's the difference between a $500 tripod and an $11,000 one? What do you want to do? What is your budget? Those are the common questions I've been asked when I started a thread about something. How about you? Do you just want to be a part of the democratization without going totally broke? How about sharing your favorite rig and tripod gear in terms of sheer value and durability combined with great features and at a reasonable pricepoint. If that means a tripod head that'll last 20 years and really make a difference I'd worth $750/$1500/$3000 list it. It'd be neat to see what people live and trust after all the research they've done. I'll start with the gini dSLR extreme rig I'm buying for $499. I think it's a killer starting point for solid build and versatility and the price can't be beat!

Back