• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Revolutionary design.. amazing for the world (and filmmakers)

Say goodbye to noisy generators :) These will be amazing! Plus they are made in basically my hometown of Sioux Falls, SD.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1408708524/the-forty2

From the creators (Peppermint Energy):

The Forty2 is an all-in-one unit that combines all the elements of a grid into one small package. It combines power generation (solar), power storage (Lithium Ion batteries), power inversion (power cord ready), and efficiency monitory (brains) in one mobile unit. Truly a Utility In A Box.

Unlike other things you may have seen come to market, this isn't a kit. Or a dressed-up battery with a solar trickle charger attachment. This is true solar power that incorporates storage for when the sun isn't shining.

It is powerful enough to run small appliances, light up a small army of LED lights, charge several laptops or a couple dozen cell phones, or power a pretty big TV. We don't have enough space here to list all the ways it can be used - rather, the question is "How do you think you would use it?"

62706209ec73f5604913e3ae606ad304_large.JPG

a9a34afb4ef75cc3d6fd4eb83ffeeb6b_large.jpg

Forty2 Tech Specs:

Solar: ~180-200 watts
Battery: 350 watt hours Lithium Ion
Brains: Let's just say they are 'advanced'
AC Outlets: 3 of them built in to the unit
Kits: None. This is an all-in-one product.
Things it can run: Dorm fridge, HDTV, fans, a lot of LED lights, laptops, many phones, stereo, etc.
Where to use it: In the US, you can use it for tailgating, camping, as back-up power, or anything else where you don't have access to a plug-in. Internationally, as you can see in the video, it becomes a life-changing device. It is simply amazing to think what this can do for people.
Made: in the USA

That looks kinda cool. I'd love to use that out in the field while doing Archaeology. I'd be able to store charge to run/charge my laptop out in the middle fo nowhere.

Filmmaking, I could see the usefulness for LED lighting, but not enough juice for a single tungsten light (which I still prefer for quality of light) for me onset... I'd get setup time for my keylight, then no light for the actual shoot. I tend to key around 500-650 (as high as 1k) to make sure I can keep the iris away from the ends of the range while keeping the ISO as low as possible.

Yeah I totally agree!! It'd be very helpful though for charging various batteries and laptops, etc while out in the field although as you said it'll need to get more power to support tungstens, etc.

Back