• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Retro Style 1950s Sci-Fi UFO clip.

This is my first attempt at greenscreening and it shows. However this was just a test to see if I could pull it off. Plus it is good for a few laughs. Check it out :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAmR7X6ON2M

Fun stuff! :)

If you wanted to go for a cleaner key, try stretching the backdrop across a piece of plywood or similar, to eliminate wrinkles (which catch shadows and end up making things difficult later).

Using a reflective foil object can be tricky in some ways. Particularly on the edges where any reflected green ends up getting keyed.

Though there are certainly applications for an intentionally low-tech approach. ;)

Fun stuff! :)

If you wanted to go for a cleaner key, try stretching the backdrop across a piece of plywood or similar, to eliminate wrinkles (which catch shadows and end up making things difficult later).

Using a reflective foil object can be tricky in some ways. Particularly on the edges where any reflected green ends up getting keyed.

Though there are certainly applications for an intentionally low-tech approach. ;)

I was going to use the fishing line in the top trick but wanted to try something different. I figure when I make my short film I will just use the line cause it looks better. And I am overall happy with the effect. I had the software and the greenscreen material already and the paperplates and foil cost me less then $1.00 to make the prop.

Back