• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Resident Evil: The Sickness

Not bad...
LOL love that ash is using a musket! LOL
Here are some tips. Rework your sound, better synching on your dialog and such. The sound needs more layers but not actually in the foreground...don’t know how to explain unless you are using an adobe premiere or something like it. The zombi grunting needs to replace (sounds like it came from a zombi Lego short) with actual sounds that come from the actor. Use your locations more. That long abandoned walkway in the beginning was a great shot. Don’t use plastic gun unless it’s a quick cut. Unless you can afford those decent reproductions and find dummy bullets at the army navy store don’t use plastic if you are going to linger at the scene. Shorten cut down on the scene where there is nothing going on. A few times i counted to 7 or 10 and nothing happens. I’d say no more than 3-4 seconds. Have all your actors rehearse at least twice for each scene. The gore effect are ok but look at some you tube vids on how to make alot of cheep blood (kero syrup and food coloring) and guts...you might have to go to the local butcher for intestines and such. Do not rely on cgi gore. Use it with real gore. Use you tube and you ingination on how to apply it.

You have some excellent shots like the begining. Some good action scenes and a good overall short film. Looks like you had an excellent crew and actors. Thats hard to pull off itself.
Dont take this responce to hard. Everyone is a critic so be patient and keep at it.

Not bad...
LOL love that ash is using a musket! LOL
Here are some tips. Rework your sound, better synching on your dialog and such. The sound needs more layers but not actually in the foreground...don’t know how to explain unless you are using an adobe premiere or something like it. The zombi grunting needs to replace (sounds like it came from a zombi Lego short) with actual sounds that come from the actor. Use your locations more. That long abandoned walkway in the beginning was a great shot. Don’t use plastic gun unless it’s a quick cut. Unless you can afford those decent reproductions and find dummy bullets at the army navy store don’t use plastic if you are going to linger at the scene. Shorten cut down on the scene where there is nothing going on. A few times i counted to 7 or 10 and nothing happens. I’d say no more than 3-4 seconds. Have all your actors rehearse at least twice for each scene. The gore effect are ok but look at some you tube vids on how to make alot of cheep blood (kero syrup and food coloring) and guts...you might have to go to the local butcher for intestines and such. Do not rely on cgi gore. Use it with real gore. Use you tube and you ingination on how to apply it.

You have some excellent shots like the begining. Some good action scenes and a good overall short film. Looks like you had an excellent crew and actors. Thats hard to pull off itself.
Dont take this responce to hard. Everyone is a critic so be patient and keep at it.

Thanks! Yeah, I would have done more on the bike path at the beginning but one neighbor in particular wasn't too happy seeing a two guys on the bike path with what she thought was a real gun (she came out of her house with a baseball bat). And yeah, I would have used guts but we filmed in my house and my Mom would not let ANYTHING stain the floor. Second time around, however, is a much different story. I've got permission to film at an abandoned farm house (complete with a barn, old tractors, and alot of other stuff) so we've had alot more freedom when it comes to what we can do on the actual set.
The first one took a year and a half to make though, so I just hope that we can finish the second alot quicker since this is my senior year of High School though.

Last edited:
Nice score on the location.....i would get lots of extra/stock/b-roll footage! you may never know when you might need it! Man the neighbor would have been great in the short..should of asked her to be in the film...that would have been funny!...remember always be on your toes..opportunities like that are sometimes in disguise! you might want to ask her if you go back to that location. Keep looking around for magazines and books about spfx makeup...you may find a few ideas and skills you could use! good luck bro!

Back