• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Redemption-The Final Trailer

Some of you that have been through the feature loop know that you can often go through the marketing loop with the film. For "Redemption" there are three trailers one that was cut before the film was completed, one that Artisan cut for the film, and the final one that I did for my sales agent. I will give links for the two I like if you get the "Redemption" DVD you can see the Artisan trailer, I don't like it.

1st Trailer:
http://www.redemptionmovie.com/trailer.html

Final Trailer:
http://www.hollywoodwizard.com/library/redemption.html

Hmmmm

I think both trailers still need work, but the first one is better in my opinion. Just a little too long. The final trailer has too many one liners that almost make it a comedy but not in the funny ha ha way, more the funny lame way. Plus the music doesn't fit and the main character uses the word "gat", it might be in context during the film but for a trailer you usually don't want to use a slang term that lost its popularity 10 years ago.

Interesting points, I'd be curious what you think of the film. Trailers are tough mainly becuase the are marketing tools, used to perk interest, if they do that they are effective. If they don't, then they aren't, I am guessing that you wouldn't be intrested in seeing the film based on the second trailer, but perhaps the first? Am I correct or do you dislike both?

Last edited:
I think the energy and pacing was better in the first trailer, but the second showed a better overall production quality. The first was more likely to draw me in to the story.

Thank you John. In my mind is the first is the art film trailer and the second is the make some sales overseas trailer. I like them both for different reasons.

Back