• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Really Weird Banding Issue

So I've been having a strange problem recently involving the rendering of a project in Premiere.
Here's the video, you'll have to watch in full screen, and preferably in 1080p to really see it (YouTube makes it slightly better:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jC7Q2Bq7nWM&feature=youtu.be

Notice the problem? The "intro" part seems like it rendered as interlaced, which it's not, but it plays like it should in the timeline. The rest of the normal footage remains, well, normal. Could it be that the sequence settings are at h.264 (default codec of original footage, shot on a Nikon DSLR) and the "intro" is a clip first rendered from AE at ProRes, and then separately inserted to Premiere? Is it even a codec problem? I'm totally at a loss here, never had this problem. Anyone got any suggestions on how to fix this?

Here are some screenshots so people can see the specifications:

Sequence settings for the project:

24bjapx.png

Properties of Intro:

33fdqbp.png

Properties of Original Footage

dvhbtc.jpg

Render Settings

wr1kcw.png

In the premier sequence settings can you select 'progressive' or 'none' from the Fields drop down? I suspect you're rendering out an interlaced final file. It likely doesn't show on the timeline because default preview settings usually won't show both fields (since your monitor isn't interlaced).

In the premier sequence settings can you select 'progressive' or 'none' from the Fields drop down? I suspect you're rendering out an interlaced final file. It likely doesn't show on the timeline because default preview settings usually won't show both fields (since your monitor isn't interlaced).

Yep, you can change it to none. I'll try rendering it out and let y'all know the results!

Back