• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Ramadan Documentary Film Project

Hello everyone,
Ramadan is going to come again.
What is Ramadan?
Ramadan (Arabic: رمضان‎ Ramaḍān, IPA: [rɑmɑˈdˤɑːn]; variations Persian: Ramazan‎; Urdu: Ramzān; Turkish: Ramazan) is the ninth month of the Islamic calendar, which lasts 29 or 30 days according to the visual citings of the crescent moon according to numerous authenticated (Sahih) Hadiths.[2][3][4] It is the Islamic month of fasting, in which Muslims hoping for reward from Allah will -- only from dawn until dusk -- refrain from eating & drinking, sexual relations, forged speech & evil actions, such as fighting and quarreling and increased recitation of the Qu'ran .The benefits of fasting are many, but in this month, they are amplified. Muslims fast in this month for the sake of demonstrating submission to God (Arabic: الله‎, trans: Allah) and to offer more prayer than usual as was the tradition or sunnah of Muhammad (SAAW).
Wikipedia

What is in my mind?

Every muslim's life in the world affected in this month.
Muslims do same practices during Ramadan.
Fasting, prayer and recitation of the Qur'an, Iftar (break fasting), Charity, Laylat al-Qadr (prayer at late night) and finally Eid ul-Fitr (celebration after one month fasting)
Even they are Shia or Sunni or any Sects, they believe and do these activities. But surely every country and culture have their own Customs and traditions for Ramadan. I have an idea for making a project about Ramadan. In this project, I want to show Cultural aspects by shooting Muslim's life during Ramadan from any part of the world.

How to collaborate?
It is not important if you are Muslim or not, just if you have some Muslims in the area that you live in you could join us,
It is better you are skilled enough in Filmmaking but if you are not, just try to do it with your High Quality camera.
Just pick your camera up and shoot anything interesting about Ramadan,including:
Fasting, prayer and recitation of the Qur'an, Iftar (break fasting), Charity, Laylat al-Qadr (prayer at late night) and finally Eid ul-Fitr (celebration after one month fasting)
*Details will be send to people would be expressed their willingness of collaborating.

Fees:
There is no fee at the beginning of it, but if we could find good footages and could sell our film, we surely pay to the people who helped us.
* We don't want you spend your money for sending us your files.So,We prefer to give uploaded files but if it's too much we will pay for sending files to us.
* We will send DVD of film to everyone who help us in this project.

If you have any question or have some suggestion please let me know here or just send me an email: masoud.soheili@gmail.com
*Sorry for my bad English

Back