r there markets?

DV - canned and luvley

Well, in my field, martial arts film-making, there are big companies here in UK, and I don't work with them.

They shoot on DV, and their stuff just never gets distributed.

The actors are big, but the production is lame, which is a factor.

I had DV set-up, and sold it all when I went to work in Hong Kong. Don't miss it.

I respect any people who are putting good work together, but not sure DV is going to get that work shown, which is a pity.

Maybe it's better in the States, but I'm co'ing a production with a company in Michigan, and he's havig the same prob:

he's thinking really hard about all he can add to his DV, but he's still not happy.

I think I'm gonna get him to chill out, and go with 35mm in the end.

Good Luck

you can sell online

create a website and market it
or try buyindie.com

The DV market has shrunk in the past year because of a glut of material (and much of it bad, bad, bad). Distributors are more likely to look at a film product. Now this does not mean that DV movies don't make it on the shelves. No, I was in Blockbuster a few days ago and saw at least 7-10 features that were shot on DV. Most were horror titles.

Another way to go is a www.customflix.com. They will do the DVD authoring, packaging and set up a website for your film. It looks interesting, but I don't know how well it works.

I think if you make a great movie with good production values, it will sell if it's shot on DV or film.

Scott

Back