• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Question with Canopus ADVC110 dig/analog converter

Hi all,

I'm planning on purchasing Canopus advc 110 to convert my analog videos to digital format. My question is, do I need to buy a separate "power adapter" with this box? The reason I ask is bec. the analog camcorder which I will be connecting to Canopus does not have any firewire connections on it but just your regular rca cables. The Canopus spec requires that a power adapter be used when using a 4-pin firewire but none if being used with a 6pin to 6pin firewire. Since I don't have any firewire to connect to my analog camcorder, the power adapter doesn't really apply to me, but then again, where will Canopus get the power source it needs to run? I think I need to buy the power source huh? Your thoughts and suggestions are always appreciated. Thanks my Indie friends! :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

I own the ADVC and haven't come across this power adapter issue. I just plug the analog source (Hi-8 camera, VHS player) into the box, plug the firewire from the box to the computer, turn on the box and go.

The ADVC plugs right into any power outlet.

Back