• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Promo with hyperlapses of Rotterdam

In the past weeks I had to get up at 3:00 AM a few times to catch the sunrise in Rotterdam to create some timelapses. I also made some hyperlapes during the day. I only knew the theory of the technique. Now I also know the workflow (shooting stills in RAW, grading en exporting, stabelizing in AE, editing dynamis lynked compositions) is quite timeconsuming.

Anyway, I made this video to announce voting has opened for the best business brand of Rotterdam. And since Rotterdam, as a city, has become a brand on it's own (and a lot of the citiens are proud of the city) I figured it would be cool to give the city a major part of the video.

I'm curious what you think!

BTW, the timelapse/hyperlapses are shot on a Canon 60D with a 14mm 2.8L lens.
The interviews and B-roll with a Sony EX1R

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88Exa3H97wY

Last edited:
Thanks!
I'm actually considering to shoot more and make a 'standalone' 'cityscape' video.
But first I have a dozen other videos to edit...

The moving shots were really cool, a lot more dynamic than a tripod time-lapse.

Any special workflow for capturing it ?

Lifting tripod, move it, level camera, frame image it a way that 1 point is always on the same spot (giving the image an ankor), expose frame.
This x100 (or even x300)

On one of the days I lifted my tripod over a 1000 times: working out in working hours ;)

I used a timer, so I had between 18 and 30 seconds to move, level and frame again.

Oh, btw, I used Lightroom to grade the RAW stills and export them to .psd so AE didn't mess up the colors :P
jpg would speed up the rendering, but with loss of quality.

Hi WalterB

Am enjoying your visuals. You always inject a touch of 'something' into your visuals which make dull corporate videos a little more interesting. This is good stuff.

Thanks!
That's really a great compliment, since I am totally against dull videos.
There is enough dull stuff in this world already, while in reality the world is a beautyfull, magical place and as filmmakers we should all try to put something of this beautyful magic in our projects :)

Actually, the Dutch tagline of my company meanings 'compelling corporate videos, commercial & webvideos', so I have the obligation to live up to that ;)

Thanks!
That's really a great compliment, since I am totally against dull videos.
There is enough dull stuff in this world already, while in reality the world is a beautyfull, magical place and as filmmakers we should all try to put something of this beautyful magic in our projects :)

Actually, the Dutch tagline of my company meanings 'compelling corporate videos, commercial & webvideos', so I have the obligation to live up to that ;)

Pleasure, I like what you do with the corporates. The only issue I have is what appears to be a large, inflatable, brightly-coloured ass behind Edwin Veekens. Not quite sure what you're trying to say with it... :hmm:

:lol:
Well seen!

It is some strange chair, but yeah I know what you mean.
That was an interview that needed to be shot in 15 minutes from arrival at the location. Look for the best spot in the building (noise and light wise) and go!
There was just a bit too little time and space to take proper care of that chair. Ideally I wanted it elevated a moved a bit to the right, since it was a conscious choice to have it in frame.

Back