• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Promo video I just finished

For a company specialized in phone handling software I just finished a new video about one of their products.
(Earlier this year I already made a longer video for their main product.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuG9630YQEk

The producer spend some time searching for a possible location and then we spent 2 days to visit a few of them. The moment I saw the location we were going to use I knew it was perfect to establish the work situation in 1 shot. :)
(In that aspect corporate stuff isn't different from narrative stuff: you want to make a situation clear in preferrably 1 shot.)

Anyway, we spend 2 days on location:
on day one we collected all the gear and setup the lights and furniture to do a walkthrough through the script. This way we could mark all position for the lights with gaffer. The next day we only needed 30 minutes to set everything up, instead of 3 hour of looking for the best way to light the establishing shot.
On a 3rd day I shot extras and closeups of the phones.

Shot on Canon C100 mkII with an Atomos Ninja to record higher quality footage. (I'm glad I used the Ninja: the building in the background was reflecting green light into the scene. Although green is the product's color, I could remove most of the hue in post.) Used a Cinevate Atlas track to move the camera. Lit with 4 4-bank KinoFlos and 2 1x1 litepanel Astras (which we could hide easily in this almost completely transparant (and reflecting) location.
Edited with Premiere Pro and animated/composited with After Effects.

Now I need to make the French and German versions as well :)

What do you think?

Last edited:
Looks good Walter, although rather gender normative casting of the manager/secretary roles!

That is actually something that has been discussed. They thought it's more recognizable this way and were maybe a bit cautious. For me it would be just as perfect to switch it around.
(Although this way the manager could encore his role: he is a manger in the previous video as well.)

clean, but lots of green as you mentioned, I could see it everywhere before I even read the rest of your post, what did the client say about it?

clean, but lots of green as you mentioned, I could see it everywhere before I even read the rest of your post, what did the client say about it?

Well, almost all the green hue that is left is when things are behind the windows, since the glass does that (adding hint a green and turqoise).
Everything in front of the glass is (almost) clean. I chose to keep that distinction between in front and behind the glass, to keep notion of the glass wall in tact.
But since the product's main brand color is green, all scenes are 'squeezed' in between 'green animations' a little remaining green doesn't hurt as long as people don't look sick.
The amount of remaining green is really nothing compared to the amount that got bounced in from the opposite building. (And yes my wide-gamut monitor is calibrated ;) )

Anyway, the client is very happy and hasn't mentioned anything about greens.
(In the final stage it has been reviewed by a dozen of people across Europe. In an earlier stage I graded a few scenes differently (playing around is fun) and they did see the differences between the grades, so it's not that they don't look at the colors.)

its a good vid, I was just busting your balls about the green hint, its deffo there, but only pixel peepers will care which will probably be 0.5% of the final audience.

lol, I sounded a bit too serious, right? ;)
I didn't take it personal, just wanted to clarify the choices I made :)

Thanks for the replies, btw, to all of you :)

And just before the end of the year all 12 videos are online.
2 Products working with 2 different systems in 3 languages caused the creations of 12 videos :P

I think the toughest part was making sure all details were correct in the translations.
It is easy to lose oversight when you have 2 times 6 videos that look more or less the same.

The last one is a German version:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJ1ChGuYs9c

And just before the end of the year all 12 videos are online.
2 Products working with 2 different systems in 3 languages caused the creations of 12 videos :P

I think the toughest part was making sure all details were correct in the translations.
It is easy to lose oversight when you have 2 times 6 videos that look more or less the same.

...and more money!

Back