• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Promo for Call Handling Software

I just finished a promo video for a software package for call handling.
And I'd like to share it with you.
The first meeting for this project was in fall 2013, so I'm happy there is finally a visible result I can show :)

I'm curious what you think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcL72CPKGT0

For the ones who want to know what camera was used:
Shot on a Canon C300, with a 100mm 2.8 macro and a 24-70mm 2.8.
Some shots we used a dolly, on others a Cinevate track.
Edited and composed with PremierePro and After Effects.

I've just been informed that they want a French and German version as well.
And in the meantime I have to look for a suitable location for a video about one their other products :)

Nice job Walter. You don't have to answer it, but what is a typical budget for a promo like this? I've done a few corporate videos and I don't think I ever charge enough.

Nice to get that repeat business for their other products, eh? :)
Nice going.

In this vary rare case I'm in the privaliged situation to charge by the hour.
Normally I would make a calculation up front and that's it.
This project has had a total script rewrite and some reshooting of phone details.

To be honest: at the moment I have no idea what this actually costs.
We shot 3 days in a row with 5 actors, some extras, MUA, C300, dolly and slider.
I also spend a few days trying to shoot the phone details while the software wasn't ready yet: that caused some delays.

It's somewhere in the 5 digits, but surely less than 50,000. :lol: Not a real anwser, but this is a pretty complicated project for a client that really looks critical to every little detail.
Usually I work on smaller projects than this.

And yeah: it's really nice when clients come back for more :)

Oh, another thing that took time is that the software was updated after the screenrecording were made, so I had to 'touch them up' to add the new buttons and move some things around.
Somehow, software is always developing further and further.

Back