production company vs freelancer

Many of us are one man bands.
Sometimes I find myself freelancing, not working as a production company. By that, production companies are always threatened by feeding competitors so I changed the whole vibe of my site to vary away from looking like a production company and more like a dude with a camera and an edit suite. I added work samples to give companies I bid on projects with peace of mind and kept a vimeo link to original programming so I can still pitch shows to networks. This balance is hard to find sometimes but I was feeling a bit of a handicap advertising a facility. I think I've found the best in between...
www.grinnerhester.com

Hey man, I'm not sure what you want from us here...to argue the point? Or to checkout your website and tell us what you think? A nice walk on the beach :lol:? You didn't really ask any questions so I'm unsure of how to respond.

I'm pointing out that being a production facility is sometimes a handicap. While required to bid on many jobs, sometimes it's best to be known as a freelancer. Walking a fine line is important for the one man bander.
Walking on the beach is always good too.

Back