Prices For Film Publicists, Distribution Consultant & Producer's Rep!!

:huh:Does anyone here know prices to hire a film publicist, film distribution and / or producer's rep from the outset of a film production?

Best I'd suggest if you're operating a low to no budget operation is maybe when you've finished your film email a few publicists and ask for tips on publicity. Can't hurt to ask, and if they take an interest could end well.

Otherwise, just do it yourself. Social media has made publicity a lot easier these days. Twitter, Facebook, blogs, just immerse yourself in it from as early as pre-production

I like JK's advice.

My price is an actual price quote from a topnotch publicist in Los Angeles who gets clients on TV interviews, radio interviews, and into newspaper articles.

To do nothing is to accept defeat. Even study what TV Networks do to promote new shows. Advertise in local newspapers and trade magazines. I will be using spare change over the next couple of years to advertise in the top ten science fiction magazines and I'm on science fiction discussion boards to help promote my science fiction stuff.

Don't confuse a distributor with a publicist. If a distributor ever asks you for money RUN! A distributor should be paying you the filmmaker.

Back