tv Price to rent home for film, tv, etc?

I am looking to rent my modest 2,000 square foot home out for movies, TV, and commercials for small to medium sized productions. The house is nothing spectacular -- no pool, no fancy furniture. Kitchen is very modern looking but narrow, living room is large for just a 2,000 square foot home, open beam ceilings, with lots of light and has nice hardwood floor but furniture looks like a bachelor pad. I understand that on a lot of shoots people bring in their own furniture to decorate the set to a time period perhaps. House is on the West Side of LA. Very upscale neighborhood on quiet, dead end street.

I'm wondering if anyone in the forum has any ideas as to what price range to charge per day. Also for prep days if any? Any help appreciated.

Should I spend money to furnish the living room better?

And is there a directory of producers? I need to market my place.

Contact the L.A. film and TV office. (The permit people) They can put you in their directory of available filming locations. Prices are whatever you can negotiate. $2000.00 a day is not
unusual. I wouldn't furnish the house at all, as their "art department" will want to
redecorate anyway.

Contact the L.A. film and TV office. (The permit people) They can put you in their directory of available filming locations. Prices are whatever you can negotiate. $2000.00 a day is not
unusual. I wouldn't furnish the house at all, as their "art department" will want to
redecorate anyway.
The LA Film office simply refers you to private online location agents. In looking at agent directories I see that all of the home are already nicely furnished. I would think that this is part of what producers are paying for... a house that's already a "set" basically. Less work and less money out of their pocket.

2K huh? What are some of the lower end rates?

u man! that is such a great idea dude! :D

I am buying a house with 2 floors , 2 kitchens and use one room and kitchen for me to live and the rest of the house rent, and they will pay my morgate! :D

#genius (i know hashtags dont work on here lol)

Back