Premiere CS6 crashing after XML import.

Hi Guys,

I've been having trouble with Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 (Trial Version) crashing, with no specific debug error message, after importing an XML (any version) file from FCP 7.
I reinstalled Premiere, exported/imported the XML with different settings... It seems that my specific master timeline does not compile well enough into XML for PPro.
I also tried other simple sequences into XML, which import perfectly into PPro. It's just my master timeline, what can I do to optimise it for XML export? What would be a solution to my problem?

Thanks for your support,
- Jules.

I've read about issues when importing to Premiere when there are clips in the XML that were extended past the actual clip length. That would probably be the first thing I would check that all of the clips defined in your FCP timeline have in and out points that are actually within the length of the media those clips are taken from.

Also it looks like (at least in earlier versions of PPro) XMP data was a cause for crashes on import.

Try disabling the 'write XMP ID to files on import' option in premiere pro and see if that helps.
The setting should be in Preferences > Media

Back