PRE, CERE, and REC footage?

Hello all,
I was wondering is someone could answer a question.I was offered a couple of projects by a wedding videographer and he asked me how long my turn around time is for PRE, CERE, and REC footage? I have no idea what he's talking about, I'm sure it's something simple, but what in the world is he talking about?

Last edited:
wow, 30 views so far and no replies, I feel better now. I guess no one else knows what the guy was talking about either, thought it was just me. :) I'll take it as a sign that I'm not supposed to work on this.

Last edited:
Put it in context.

Did he ask, "What is your turn around time is for PRE, CERE, and REC footage?" in those exact words?

I have some possible theories but I'd need to have a little more info.

Sure, no problem, the exact line is

"How fast can you turnover a wedding video with PRE, CERE, and REC footage?
The sooner the better. I have a handful of videos that need to go out fast."

I've searched the internet and the closest thing I can come up with is stock footage, but then his question doesn't make sense to me. I've asked him to clarify his question but he hasn't returned my email, so I wasn't sure if those three acronyms were something I was supposed to know.

I've never done weddings, but I've been doing post production for decades.

"PRE" usually means preproduction or previs. Doesn't apply here.

I've never heard of and like you, can't find any reference of "CERE"

Could "REC" means recorded footage?

C'mon, there MUST be videographers here who do weddings. What
does this guy mean? I hope he does answer your email. Please don't
forget to let us know what he means. I'm stumped.

I don't do weddings either.... But I have a basic understanding of the production process. I am pretty sure "PRE" has to do with all footage shot before the ceremony "CERE" and the footage shot at the reception "REC".

1. PRE (pre-ceremony) - Footage of the bride and groom at rehearsal, at home getting ready, family footage. arriving at the church etc.

2. CERE (ceremony) - The actual ceremony.

3. REC (reception) - The wedding reception.

Well, that would make sense. I'll let everyone know if this is in fact what he meant. Thanks, now I'll email him back and ask if this is what he means.

Well I don't think they're known industry terms because a google search brought up this thread :lol:

He was just abbreviating, and Alter Ego Productions looks to have solved it.

LOL! yeah I know, I came up with the same results, that is funny! Funny part is at first, I was like, " Oh look, someone asked the same question" then of course I realized it was just me. I think AlterEgo is correct as well, it makes perfect sense. Maybe it's wedding videography lingo.

I got no idea.
smiley_colbert.gif

I don't do weddings either.... But I have a basic understanding of the production process. I am pretty sure "PRE" has to do with all footage shot before the ceremony "CERE" and the footage shot at the reception "REC".

1. PRE (pre-ceremony) - Footage of the bride and groom at rehearsal, at home getting ready, family footage. arriving at the church etc.

2. CERE (ceremony) - The actual ceremony.

3. REC (reception) - The wedding reception.

Ah...okay.

Thanks for clearing that up. I was seriously scratching my head on this one as well.

Oh, yeah, sorry, I forgot to respond to this, evidently this is what it meant. Maybe it was a test? Anyway, I'm in negotiations right now to work out a deal, he's basically outsourcing a lot of his work to me. So, thanks Alter Ego!

I'm happy editing weddings, but I do NOT want to get involved with filming weddings. Too many Bridezillas, too much Drama. I'll let the filming up to someone else. :)

Back