• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Post Rock Video / almost short film

Hi Everyone!

Our friends at lafilmvideomagazine.com wanted to make with us a video for one of our songs, so we made this long piece (11+ minutes = the reason to post it in a forum like this) that really fits our music. It's recorded live where we rehearse, with audio recorded live during the shooting, and some archive footage that fits perfectly the mood of the song.

I hope you like it, and any comment regarding the video aspect would be greatly appreciated. If you want to hear some other songs you can visit myspace.com/commonplacesmusica.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ff7J4Bnxx5E

Best regards!
Jaime

That was EXCELLENT. I don't really listen to that type of music, but it kept me entertained throughout. It's a combo of Metal and Dead head music. Great job.

If I had to pick out one thing, it's the lack of seeing the musicians faces throughout. But, it's not that big of a deal.

The ending of the rides over lapping the effects unit was perfect.

I wish Coney Island still had those rides. The Cyclone's the only coaster I've ever hurt my back on. When you hit the bottom, you hit it.

Those are very kind words from you, sir!

The whole band agreed on that one of the biggest strong points of it is that the video makes the almost 12 minutes of it to pass like a breeze, which didn't look easy at all. Thanks again for your observations, and regarding the faces thing, as far as I know it wasn't (surprisingly) an effort to keep our ugly faces away from such a beautiful piece, but an artistic decision, I suppose, aimed at adding to the atmosphere of mistery that permeates the whole video.

Finally, I have to say that I feel strangely honoured that someone that has rid the Cyclone itself saw and enjoyed the video, it is a weird (but beautiful) coincidence!

Thank you again for your time and your words, take care
Jaime

I can only watch so many extreme closeups of musicians playing music, before I want to smash my computer monitor. I'm sorry, I couldn't finish it. I fast-forwarded, hoping it would change. It didn't.

The song is cool. It really added a lot to one of my favorite movies of all time. But this video -- there's really nothing there. I'm sorry for being brutally frank, but I kinda just think you have to go back to the drawing board (or, hire someone who's done this before). The roller-coaster rides didn't do anything for me, either.

Hi Cracker Funk!

I understand what you say, and being brutally frank is perfectly OK! I agree that there's not a story to keep the pieces together, just a compilation of shots and archive footage that happen to tickle some brains and some not. Anyway, thanks for your point of view on it, it's always appreciated.

Bests,
Jaime

Back