• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Please support my new short "The Ultimate Challenger"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rjP0Lrpba4

Help this film become a reality by funding us on Kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2026177777/the-ultimate-fighting-movie-will-finally-be-releas

Just a few weeks ago, I came up with an idea for my first film. As I was playing Street Fighter I noticed how easily this could be put in a good movie. So I looked at the past fighting movies and they were awful. At that point I made up my mind to make a fighting movie that was actually good. This time there wont be any disappointed gamers. I did not want it to only be Street Fighter, so I set out to ask other people the time of fighting games they enjoyed playing. I came back with alot of different ones to choose from. So I just decided to include at least one character from the really popular fighting games. Which were Street Fighter, Tekken, King of Fighters, and Marvel vs. Capcom.

After I decided on plans and everything, I looked around and the only things I found were my dslr, a tripod, and some people. I had no costumes, no stabilizers, and basically nothing to make a movie that isnt just some fancy youtube video. So I frantically was looking for a means to be able to make this movie happen, and someone referred me to kickstarter. I looked on the site and noticed how generous and supportive people can be, and now I am here now trying to promote m campaign. Thank you guys for hearing me out and if you could please help us out, I promise, there wont be any disappointed gamers or indie film lovers.

Synopsis:

EM Ops is a military operations department working for the government. They are ruthless and will do anything in there power to get the perfect soldier. There research department have just recently produced a serum that strengthens and amplifies a human's abilities. They are searching for someone to use it, because if any random person uses it they will die. The serum will only work on the human who's abilities have almost reached their peak. In order for EM Ops to find this person, they hold a fighting competition to find the chosen one. In the movie fighters from different fighter universes have been captured and are being held hostage against there will. EM has taken their families hostage, and if the chosen one is not found the fighters and their families will be destroyed.

I tuned out midway through this trailer as it was too evocative of a tutorial or lecture. The trainee fighter is not imposing and the techniques he was practising are underwhelming. In other words, the trailer isn't exciting. Also, if you're going to be adapting characters from various video games, there are many copyrighting hurdles which you will have to address.

Back