Photos and Video Camera Footage in Final Cut Pro

I'm editing together my video footage and photos from our vacation and I have a problem.

My photos are taken with a Kodak 16MP EasyShare camera. The codec (or whatever it is for photos) is the following -

Dimensions 4608x3440
Focal Length 4.9

My video is

720 x 480
DV/DVPRO-NTSC

The timeline sets to 720 x480 for best performance. But that means the photos on the timeline are at 22%. Of course when I export a movie and watch it at a decent size the photos are completely blurry from the size increase.

Does anyone know how I can fix this? So, the photos will be compatible with the video?

I might have figured it out. I opened the photo folder in PREVIEW and adjusted the size. It's working now, but for some reason (and it's probably just me) the quality of both the video and photos just doesn't seem the same as everything else I've done in the 720 x 480 codec size.

But, I just checked everything with older videos and they are the same.

If FCP you'll want to set your still-image's "motion quality" setting to "high". That tends to help a bit.

Unfortunately, right now the best solution (if you can afford it) is switch to Premiere Pro 5.5. Far less of a hassle mixing different kinds of input footage and images. FCP 7 is incredibly difficult in this domain.

Or you could try FCP X and see if you don't hate it like I did. :)

If FCP you'll want to set your still-image's "motion quality" setting to "high". That tends to help a bit.

Unfortunately, right now the best solution (if you can afford it) is switch to Premiere Pro 5.5. Far less of a hassle mixing different kinds of input footage and images. FCP 7 is incredibly difficult in this domain.

Or you could try FCP X and see if you don't hate it like I did. :)

Thanks.

I have the early G5. I have Final Cut Pro 6. Which is the highest I can go without having to purchase a new computer. Which at the moment is impossible to do.

Back