series Partyboys - Finnish independent S(h)itcom series...

Hey all!

I'm new to this forum but in no-means new to independent film making (been making "movies" with Trash Video in Finland since 1992). Here is a small introduction: Most of our early-days-movies were been action/splatter but later we have made less splatter and more action. We have released a couple of full length movies on DVD for example "Man from Hervanta" (2003) and "Nato Commando" (2005) and a lot of short-movies.

Now I'd like to share with you the sitcom-series "Partyboys" that our group Trash Video just finidhed two months ago. It's as-far-as-we-know the only sitcom tv-series (that actually plays in tv) that has been made fully without outside money. Total budget (including marketing and dvd-duplication) is somewhere between 5000-8000€. It took us 2,5 years to make 13 episodes (about 20min each) filming mainly on weekends.

The series genre is mainly sitcom (or shitcom because it pretty much shows and laughs on things other series dont: violence, drugs, sex...) but it also has some action and scifi-elements in it.

Now the series is playing on a pretty small tv-station in finland and on the Internet. The last episode will air 11th december 2008.

Please take a look and comment us how you like it? It has pretty much been "absoutely loved it" or "absolutely hated this shit" this far so any comment would be appreciated.

Questions and other comments would also be great!

Thanks for your interest!

Check out the episodes of Partyboys HERE!

Check out some of our shorter movies and stuff HERE!

I just watched my first episode ob partyboys and I like it very much. It imediatly reminded me of FurTV on Mtv. Although my first impression was that it is just some nonsense filmed by beginners it quickly turned out that everything is very well done. Nice story telling, godd edit, nice camerawork, well done lighting and the actors know their characters. It realy has cult potential and it might become a trash icon.

Regards

Back