• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Paintball promo

I liked some of your steadicam work but you repeated your best shots too many times.
You could have avoided this just by making the piece half the length it is. Don't be afraid to leave em wantin' more, man. That's victory.
Looks like fun. My boys put the hurt on me with some airsoft guns in this clip:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uR7DnKuVwD8
lol

While, for the most part, it looks pretty good. However after about the first minute or so it just turned almost too repetitive and became really hard to follow. Except for the build up, it's really just pure action with little time to pause and see what's going on.

I get it's an action piece and I really like the idea. I think you should limit your use of steadicam next time because it almost gives a nauseating feeling and, I don't know about you, but the last thing I want to do is feel sick to my stomach when watching something.

And if you're going to do a repeating shot, make sure to avoid lingering ones like the extreme closeup of the guy in the mask.

Looks really good though. BTW, what band was that playing? Metallica? Godsmack?

Thanks guys.

Running time was due to the clients wishes - wanted all the great shots used to the max, Obviously less repitition would be good, (I shot for 90 secs) but on the other hand I doubt the target audience will mind. The brief was to "keep it moving along like a rollercoaster". Story wasn't an issue. Client just wanted mayhem. What can you do.:D They pay the cheque. But its still cool though.

Music is library material and for the record, didn't use steadicam. I used a track and dolly with the camera handheld on the dolly mixed in with handheld on foot.

Interesting point about feeling sick watching it. Apologies, but I did intend to create that kind of rollercoaster feeling.

Really appreciate the feedback.

Cheers.

Looks like fun. My boys put the hurt on me with some airsoft guns in this clip:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uR7DnKuVwD8
lol

I could feel that pain!

Interesting point about feeling sick watching it. Apologies, but I did intend to create that kind of rollercoaster feeling.

Well rollercoasters tend to do that. lol.

Now that you mention it's for a client, I can see why you took that angle. Keep the clients happy.

Back