• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Our First Short Film

My friends I were making crappy 80's music as a joke and it slowly evolved into a story about a band which turned into our first video, a 9 minute fake documentary. A year or so later we decided to turn make more videos and so far or biggest obstacle has been getting criticism (our friends and family are being to kind).

This is our second episode.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYUrtfB41k8&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

Any and all criticism would be so much appreciated.

This was really funny and definitely had that 80s feel to it! I liked it a lot.

If I had any notes, it would be to try and use a better camera next time. Or at the very least, edit it into widescreen. It's just that everything on Youtube is in widescreen now, so if you go full screen, it looks way dated with those bars on the left and right. Unless that was your intention lol! Also, I would say to try cutting into shots as late as possible and cut out as early as you can. I think one or two of your shots maybe held on too long. Check out the beginning of Back To The Future for reference! (speaking of the beloved 80s lol) Oh, and try to boom a mike so that you get better audio and the dialogue won't echo around the rooms so much.

Nice job, man!

Thanks I'm glad you liked it! We are working to get better cameras and microphones, this was filmed with my friends cheap digital camcorder and my Kodak easy share digital camera. We really are using whatever we already have or whatever we can get for free. I think the total budget for the video and the next two parts of it was under $200. But the more positive reviews we get the more we'll feel inclined to spend on equipment.

Thanks again.

Back