• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Opening of a horror film

Hi Harry,

Obviously with this being an A Level piece, im guessing you are still quite young....

The first and foremost thing i think a Horror film opening should have.... is a strong opening... something to grab the viewer straight away and make them feel "oh Sh*t! this is going to be one bumpy ride"

This short done by a friend of mine is exactly what i mean....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdclzsiL-Hs&hd=1

It grabs your straight away.

To be honest. This doesn't look like a horror opening to me. It is more of an action movie. Had you not told me it was a horror film in the post I would have believed I was watching a remake of Highlander. Especially with the very noticeable reproduction sword from the series so focused on in your film.

Good luck with your film.

I only had that highlander sword prop available for the film, but apart from that this wasn't intended to be related to highlander :)

That was awesome for an As piece!

Far more riveting than most current Hollwood horror films as well.

I'd work on the foley sound for that swordfight though, sounds like the same sample over and over again. :P

Back