Oh snap! Nice new resource just came online last month...

From the fine folks over at the envato network (responsible for such sites as PSDTuts, and AudioTuts to name two..) comes the brand spankin' new AETUTS!

Apparently they aim to release 2-3 After Effects tutorials each week. Sounds like a good time to strap on the learning caps and get ready to dig in to me...

I know I plan to start frequenting it now, and I'm also enrolled in some classes at fxphd this "semester" as well. Looks like a good start to this year me thinks.. :D

Interesting, makes me want to invest in After Effects; some of those videos feature some really cool visuals.

well it's important to note though that some of what's been shown there is using additional 3rd party plugins, so just getting after effects may not let you do everything you see. But I believe they are mentioning what plugins they use in the text of each article. I know they use some trapcode plugins.

This is another great resource for the toolbag. I'm still not done going through all the Creative Cow Tutorial DVDs I bought with Eran Stern and Aharon Rabinowitz, and everything Andrew Kramer at Video Copilot.net produces. I've bought all of his products as well. I love AE, the plug ins are a little expensive, but well worth it. I probably went overboard with all of the plugins I bought, but maybe someday I'll be able to justify the expenses....... Another good program to use is Zaxwerks Proanimator, they have pretty good tutorials as well. I found out that as I got better and understood AE more, going back through even the most basic tutorials I learned something. I think it's because as I used AE more and more, I got more familiar with the terms and techniques, and all those things I didn't understand in the beginning now make sense, even things as simple as workflow techniques. I'm far from being an expert or Pro, but sometimes I'm actually amazed at the work I can do simply following the tutorials. I'm even going to buy the one fromm Total Training because sure, it does go over some stuff I already know, but I've found out that each tutorial author has their own way of doing things and may go into detail alittle more about a certain function, such a Colorama, a difficult, commonly misunderstood, but very useful tool in AE. One tutorial I bought simply showed you how to use it for a specific effect, but on another tutorial that was free, the author went into more detail as to how, what, and why Colorama can be used. So, I think purchasing multiple tutorials, if you can afford it, can only add skills and knowledge to your toolkit. Sorry, for the pointless long response. :)

Back