• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

OFFICIAL PITCH THREAD

Hey Guys :)

Basically I just wanted to make a space where we could pitch log lines for film ideas, tv pilots, short films, etc. and critique each other. I've been reading a lot of material lately that's been emphasising the fact that you need to nail down your log line before you even begin writing, so I thought we could do that here!

I'll start with one below, I have several in the bank I'm chipping away at the moment. Would love to hear yours too!

FIRST PITCH

Feature Film
Comedy

A failed business man inherits a struggling nursing home, only to find the patients there have been turned into zombies, and he has no choice but to rebuild it and run it successfully.

1)A person is cursed to speak in rhymes. This gets him in a lot of troubles.
2)A hitman has to liquidate a monk, because he accidentally stumbled upon some secret Vatican files. The hitman allies with the monk and goes against his former employers.
3) A man is cursed to swear every five seconds. This also gets him in trouble.
4)A couple is stranded on a zombie island. They have to find weapons and escape.
5) An alien civilization decides to destroy mankind, but sends a spy to discover its weaknesses. The alien falls inlove with a woman and decides to fight for the human race against the invaders.
Sorry if I posted too many ideas, but I just had them...:)

Back