• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Occupy Newfoundland short doc (feedback needed!)

Hey guys, I just finished editing a short documentary I shot earlier this year on Occupy Newfoundland, which is obviously a branch off of the Occupy Wall Street movement. For those who don't know, Occupy Newfoundland is now the last remaining Occupy camp left in Canada.

Just wanted to run it by you guys and hopefully get some feedback. Be brutal! I know my voice stinks and a narration career is not in the books, hehe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xrUwGfpbNw

Thanks in advance!

You should have touched more on the thievery and sexual assaults going on within the US ows camps. Also, it should have been mentioned more clearly that the United States is a republic, not a pure democracy. This film only told people half of the story if you were linking the Canadian movement with the US equivalent.

If this is intended as an educational documentary, the story is missing facts. If it is intended as an advertising piece, it is not too bad. The actual cinematography looks pretty good.

The message is not coming across from the piece though. I heard a bunch of people say that the movement is about "change" in the film, but no one articulated into what they want to change. You should have found more articulate people to interview for best results.

Decent attempt.

Last edited:
Back