• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Nonsense - a short film starring deaf actors

hello everyone!

I'm new to this forum!

I'm producing a short film starring deaf actors about two men who don't have any of their human senses, one of whom buys a kit that will enable him to smell, touch, hear, see and taste. Along his journey he comes into conflict with his selfish roommate, who wants to share everything in his kit. All of the dialogue in the film will be in captioned sign language.

The film is directed by Max Clendaniel who's an up and coming young filmmaker who works for the Shorts tv short film network so we're anticipating the film will get good festival and media pickup.

I was wondering if anyone had any idea about arts funding for disability projects?

I'm currently trying to raise the funds to get the film made through Kickstarter - you can check out the campaign video and read the script here:

Nonsense by MaxClendaniel — Kickstarter

I'd love it if you could check out the campaign and help spread the word about the film. Thank you guys so much for any advice and help!

xHeather

How are you going to get deaf actors to act like they can hear?also if he doesn't have any senses *touch* then how does he communicate? If they are blind and deaf they communicate via hand strokes on the palm, but he can't feel that right? So how will he know ?

Back