Nodes vs Layers

Layers do have their place. I still go to AE for motion graphics stuff, but for compositing I avoid AE like the plague (I hate precomps with a passion lol). It's really about choosing the right tool for the job.

Very nice. Since I've been diving into Resolve and using node based workflows for color, I've also been interested in trying it out for vfx/compositing, and very curious about trying out Nuke and Fusion. I feel it would definitely be a major learning curve, being someone who learned everything around After Effects and layers. Probably something worth learning though, I'd imagine.

Thanks for the video! I subscribed!

Nice! I personally prefer Nuke over Fusion due to how the node graph works. I find that in Fusion, either my nodes can be lined up, or the connectors can be lined up, but not both. Nuke/Natron don't have fixed inputs on the nodes so they rotate as needed making for a cleaner layout and easier to see. But try them out and see what you think.

Thanks for the sub! I'm going to be releasing a training course in a few months that should help you make the transition, so be watching for that.

Back