• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Night Vision???

Ok so i was playing around with my canon optura 10, and i recorded my self with the remote, when i watched the footage the inferred transmitter on the remote showed up as a white light, when filmed at about 3 inches away, the light actually illuminates a very small area, is it possible to but a array of these transmitters, that would be bright enough for me to shoot an night, just a crazy idea, one of the things im working on, the other is an underwater camera housing, more updates when i actually do somthing about ti.

Yes. I saw an undercover police technologies show on TLC once, and one of the techniques they use is a high-powered inferred beam to illuminate suspects’ faces when filming with a night vision camera. This is so they can get a positive ID for use in court. Of course, they have a very high-powered inferred beam and top-of-the-line night vision equipment, but in theory, it should work.

If I’m not mistaken, I think the military also uses inferred beams to point out targets at night for soldiers wearing night goggles.

There are IR filters out there that would allow only that light to pass through without the other frequencies. They do come in 37mm thread for that camera.

and you can go to fry's or radio shack for IR leds and make a large grid of them.

sweet, one more thing to try, i hope i can afford all this, if not will ill hafta get another job, beacuse i just have to try this, ill keep u updates on my progress, but it will probably be a few months

Back