New Year's

Hey everyone!

Now let's start a new discussion ( for the New Year): start by telling one thing that you will bring with you into the new year and something(s) that you will change for the new year.

I will start off by saying:

"In the New Year, I vow to always remain humble and thankful for even the 'small' things."

"What I will change in the New Year is conforming to what I 'think' the world wants me to be. I will stop lowering myself to others so that they wont feel 'inferior', but I will soar as an eagle and if they can handle the air up there, then so be it. My new motto is 'I wont go down, but you must come up!' I will step out of my shallow waters and walk into the deep end of the pool in order to follow my dreams. I will encourage myself daily that I 'deserve' to be successful even when my situation prove otherwise."

I could continue on and on with things that I WILL do but I want to hear from some of you. Now is your chance to learn from all of the years...what will you do and not do in 2008?

yours truly,

Triple Threat

I am going to finish my first feature film script :yes: --keep doing rewrites, keep taking advice from mentors, keep elevating it until it is a great script, even if it takes many revisions during all of 2008, and I am not going to become distracted by other script ideas (except for shorts which I want to write a couple more of). I am going to produce my first [short] films :yes: , and thus stop being a wannabe filmmaker-- I will make four short films in 2008 (I have written the scripts, I just need to find the cast, some crew friends, and fricken do it).

I will ignore my doctors diagnoses and get out of the house, ignore the pain and SHOOT MY MOVIE.

There, I said it. I feel much better now.
The fresh air will probably do you good, but take it easy and don't overdo it.. My grandfather had pancreatic cancer, and it was in remission, he was feeling good got a little too active a little too soon and relapsed much worse than in the first place, causing him to fade out pretty quickly. Wouldn't want that to happen to you.

As for me.. I'm going to go to Europe (probably in Feb or March) for a week or so. And at some point next year I think I'll probably quit smoking.

Hey Everybody

Hey everybody,

I'm just enjoying everyone's new things that they will be doing in the New Year. Loud Orange Cat, you stay encouraged and continue thinking the way you do and go SHOOT YOUR MOVIE! Also, Will, I am soooooo jealous, I wish I was going to Europe anytime soon. You have fun, also, only stop smoking if you want to because if its not something that you want to do, then you'll just feel bad if you relapse! Joe, KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

yours truly,

Triple Threat

4 shorts this year (minimum) and I've started work on a feature length musical which will be a full on funded production...one or two of our shorts will be focussed on how to raise funds (we always pick a focus on our shorts for a point of improvement, either a new technique or something we think we were weak on in the last one).

Continue learning and sharing what I can of my learning with others (I like to keep my self karmically positive just in case ;) )

Finish up all my outstanding editing projects including my feature and get copy out to the folks who participated in them.

Find a solution to getting a job that will pay the mortgage and still be able to finish school.

Solve global warming and world hunger and put an end to my turtle flagellation fetish once and for all.

I don't make resolutions, but the things I hope to do are:

In 2 months:
Work on my health because I have discovered that I run my camera better when I work out
Finish 2 projects, one is half done, the other has a little yet to be shot
Start a job as soon as the particulars come through, too bad it isn't in video, but money is money for now

In 6 months:
Advertise my video work 'n stuff
Plan a big move
I want to go to Vegas
Acquire alittle more equipment

I would like by the end of next year to be busy with more video stuff than I could imagine. They aren't resolutions, but maybe some hopes and aspirations. I don't really believe in failures, just temporary setbacks. I don't think those things are too far out of reach.

Hope springs eternal.
:D

-- spinner :cool:

It is too late to wish happy new year. It was the second month of this year. Anyway Happy New Year to all members of this forum. The coming year may be filled with happiness and prosperity. My new year resolutions is to help the poor people by giving food and money. Also love all the people who hate me.

Not too late. Don't forget Chinese Lunar New Year.

And it's never too late to help those less fortunate provided that misfortune is circumstantial and not choice.

Back