• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

New VFX & Editing Software

I use both these products, they're very good. I upgraded to HitFilm Ultimate from the Express version. Really like the seamless integration between the two.

CraigL

It is an affordable solution for the low/no budget filmmakers here, which is why I shared the links here. There is a new Mac version available too at the same affordable price.

Particle Illusion is another good VFx program for action and science fiction film projects. However, it is only a VFx program and not an editing program. It is available for both Windows and Mac OS computers. But, it can do great visual effects.

I've been using Vegas HD Studio Platinum 11, and have loved it so far, but after reading a few posts on here and looking at the low price on Amazon (Kind of funny, it briefly dipped down to $99 when I bought it and it's back up to $134 now, lucky timing) So I went ahead and got the latest version of Vegas Movie Studio with HitFilm and I'm pretty impressed with HitFilm.

I noticed that this version of Vegas seems to have fewer presets than the "HD" version I already had, but that's not a big deal since I'll just go through and set up my own anyway. I haven't really had much of a chance to play around with HitFilm much yet, but the one tutorial I went through (motion tracking) was pretty easy.

Anyway, I just thought I'd chime in and add another testimonial in favor of this low/no budget option. :yes:

Back