New to this forum and I'm in search of...

I'm new at this forum stuff but I'm always willing to learn. I'm on a mission of my own right now. You see, my father, passed away about 2 years ago and left me with his book to promote and to get his book made into a movie, hopefully! This will be destiny, one way or another. Does anyone have any ideas how I go about approaching the right people and/or organizations, etc.?

Oh, just to let you know, it is true story. The name of our book is, "The Sylmar Tunnel Disaster," written by my aunt, Janette Zavattero and about my dearly departed father, Wallace J. Zavattero, professional safety engineer against a large corporation, Lockheed and his struggles and truimphs through it. :wink:

Any help would be great. Talk to you soon

Published?

Hey Gina,

I don't know where to begin. Has the book been published? If so, I would just start sending copies out to companies advertising for stories. Where do you find said companies? Beats me. I would start looking on Google. Search for "Production Company seeks story" and go from there.

Personally, I think it shouldn't be to hard to find a company willing to do a story about a single man against a corporation. It's an American thing. We love the little guy standing up to the big guy. The hard part will be getting people to read it.

Good Luck.

Poke

Gina

Gina if your financing the film i can put together a small crew and meet whatever budget you have in mind.
Where are you located?
if your going to independently produce the film i can help you cut costs there also.
Let me know
robert@studioarchitect.org

Gina,

I would suggest having your aunt look for a literary agent. (Hollywood Creative Directory) The literary agent would be responsible for selling the film rights to the book. Unless you're thinking of adapting it yourself or hiring a screenwriter... There's a good site on screenwriting:

www.scriptsales.com.

Post your request for someone to adapt it in the opportunities forum.

Back