• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch New Scene, Audio and Lighting!

Step away from the BG,hang some dark/black fabric,curtain w.e or change shirt to a darker one. It is all too grey atm

The emotion seems right (I am in the minority of hardcore apple fans who actually liked the movie). You can create more drama in the lighting by reducing the intensity of one side and raising the light on the other up a bit in height. I like to put my fill light on a dimmer so I can choose the mood after exposing to the flat lit face.

To "properly" place the key light for the standard 3-point lighting setup, look to make a triangle under the fill side eye with the shadow from the nose. Then add fill to taste with your dimmer. Moving the actor away from the backdrop will allow you to control the brightness of the background separately. I like to throw light from the fill side using the penumbra of the light and letting it double as my hair light. This will allow you to have the light side of the face (Key) against the darker part of the falloff on the background and the darker side (Fill) against the lighter side adding some separation between the back and fore-ground. It also allows you to do a 4-point lighting setup with only 3 lights. You can put the background/hair light on a dimmer (possibly even the same one) as well to be able to control its contrast just as easily.

In post, warm the image just slightly so you look healthier (white light can make people look pale and sickly - even when "correctly" white balanced).

Stepping away from the background would be good, stepping into an office somewhere through a real door would be even better.

Speech wise, be careful (not judgement, just trying to be honestly helpful). I'm relatively certain you have some diction issues with R's… quite common and something you can work on to improve your delivery. (I found a lot of REALLY boring and/or expensive stuff for this in a quick search… but I really like this guy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6lDGzPnRXA ). Generally folks with R problems, will also have some L issues as they're both tongue shape based sounds. That youtube guy should have a video on that as well. I didn't notice it in your clip specifically, but they usually happen together.

Back