New Member and a question about storyboarding

Hi --

Just found your forum and wish I'd found it months ago!

I'm a screenwriter (4 independent assignments, contest winner, one short script currently in production) and independent producer (first feature in post, two shorts in pre-production, second feature in development). At a recent meeting with an assistant from a big H'wood production company that went extremely well, it was recommended that I become a writer-director before accepting their offer for referrals to agents and managers because LA folks love NY writer-directors much more than writers. I'd never really considered directing before, because I've always considered myself a writer. However, having been on set as a producer, I am now confident that I can direct. As such, I've chosen one of my short scripts as my directorial debut.

I've already secured a very modest investment and have another independent producer doing up the breakdown and budget. Not having directed before and obviously wanting the short to be worth showing to prospective representation, I want to do everything right. Any and all advice would be appreciated from the more experienced directors on here.

I'm also looking for an storyboard artist willing to work for low/no pay with the possibility of paid work down the road when I direct my first feature. Any advice as to how to find one?

Thanks.

'sup, Hyphenate :cool:

Not really sure what I can say about directing... it's pretty general, what you requested and I wouldn't know where to start.

Where to get storyboard artists? Create a thread in the Classifieds section of the forum. Like all things, sometimes you get what you pay for, though.

:)

Back