• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch New Horror Short "The Long Road To Hell"

I feel it could've been executed better.
The music was on spot. Composition was not. The scene with the girl trying to escape the cuffs, I wanted to see close ups of what she was trying to do, not just a long one shot of her trying all this different stuff. And that was throughout the video. There was a lot of times when the music would pick up on a cue and there wasn't any shot change, nothing that made me go "oh no!"

But what you did do good was experiment with an idea. That's the best way to hone your craft. It was good that you had talent that put forth effort (especially if this had no budget towards that). Also audio was spotty. I could hardly hear sometimes. If you don't have access to the type of equipment that is needed, that's all understandable, just keep trying to make the perfect piece that you can with what you have.

I also like your logo animation.

thanks for the info/mini critique. there was literally no budget and no crew. not how your supposed to work i know, but i need to start somewhere. I have some audio gear, but its all the cheap stuff and is one of my weakest areas. my overall goal was to make something that was a bit different than all the other shorts I'd been seeing, and I think I was able to accomplish that. Again, thanks for the input.

Back